SPFH 2018 Camps
Overnight & Extended Day Camp 2019
*** Early Bird Registration Special ends April 21st***
Standard Registration Ends June 16th @ noon
DATES: June 23rd – June 26th, 2018 (Sun. – Wed.)
AGES: 7th graders – Entering College Freshman
COST: Early Bird Special $374 for Extended Day Camper
Standard Price $449 for Extended Day Camper
Early Bird Special $499 for Overnight Camper
Standard Price $574 for Overnight Camper
Early Bird Deadline: April 19, 2019
COACHES: College Coaches & College Players
All events take place at Christopher Newport University.
CLICK HERE to Register!
Youth Camp 2019
“The Best Youth Camp in Hampton Roads”
DATES: July 29 -August 1, 2019 (Monday – Thursday)
TIME: 9 am – 2 pm
AGES: Boys and Girls Ages 6-14
COST: $149 (increases to $179 July 1)
SKILL LEVEL: Beginner to Advanced
Day 2– “Spirit Day” – Wear your team color, cheer loud, and the best team gets a prize
Day 3 – “Mix & Match” – The wildest outfit wins!
Day 4, Last day– “Stick Power Day” – Wear Stick Power colors and gear!
CLICK HERE to Register Today!
Purpose of Camp
Stick Power Field Hockey Camp believes teaching players a combination of the correct execution/technique of fundamental skills, field strategies, and advanced skills will help players take their game to the next level. Our dynamic staff strives to create a positive learning environment and experience that submerges campers with the same passion that we share for our sport!
Facilities and Location
- Located in Newport News, Virginia on the campus of Christopher Newport University. Newport News is halfway between Colonial Williamsburg and Virginia Beach
- Skill sessions and games will be played on the new ARTIFICIAL TURF and Bermuda grass fields
- Check-in/Check-out at CNU Dormitory
Overnight campers will stay in the residence halls supervised by Camp Staff.
- Reversible jersey
- Mouth guard
- College Night – Thinking about playing at the collegiate level? College coaches and players answer your questions
- Camper/Staff Games – Up your game by playing with the experienced staff, following skill sessions
- Awards Ceremony – Awards and gifts will be given to outstanding campers following the last session
- Post camp verbal evaluation from staff
Sample Schedule (Note: This is only a sample)
- 7:00-7:25am: Morning Run (Optional)
- 7:30am: Wake Up
- 8:00-8:25am: Breakfast
- 9:00-12:30pm: Skill Session
- 12:30-1:30pm: Lunch
- 1:30-4:45pm: Skill Session
- 4:50-6:00pm: Dinner & Rest
- 6:15-8:15pm: Game Session
- 8:15-9:00pm: Camper/Staff Games (Optional)
- 10:30pm: Room Check
- 11:00pm: Lights Out!
Insurance and Medical Information
This is all covered during the registration process online.
There is a certified athletic trainer on site
CNU is also less than a mile from Riverside Hospital.